This is just a follow up blog to help you with some basic blow-dry info that I have been taught along the way on fashion shoots and shows!
1 Prep your hair
- Combing from bottom to top to avoid tangles!
- Towel or part dry hair to speed up the blow dry.
- Product - whether it is for volume/ smoothing or curls
2 Sectioning your hair
- Working with clean sections avoids tangles and makes managing your hair a lot easier.
- Remember my 3 section rule below
- section 1 - ear and below section
- section 2 - temple and below
- section 3 - top of head including fringe.
3 Brush and blow-dryer
- Choose the right brush for the style you want!
- Place brush under hair root (create tension for volume)
- Direct the blow dryer up and under for initial volume in the roots
- Direct blow dryer down the hair to create smooth un-fuzzy finish.
- repeat process in each section.
NB - I don't have nozzle on my blow dryer - but it will work the same with the nozzle on (it is just me personal preference)
4 Moving through the sections.
- I divided section 1 and 2, into 3 smaller sections across the head.
- when you reach the top section (3) use this diagram as a guide for sub-dividing.
5 Added volume tricks.
- I created roller sections on the back and top to help with volume - using a hair clip and spray.
- A velcro roller will do the same if you are unable to twist your own hair.
6 The Fringe.
- I wear my fringe flicked out and to the side, but the tops will work on other side fringes.
- It is important to ensure you blow-dry your fringe forward first (this prevents cows licks etc)
- I recommend blow-drying hair the opposite way to the way you want it styled first as this gifts it lift.
- For fringes that go under move the brush to under the hair as opposed to over (like the video)
Check back tomorrow for my Hair Product guide!!