Our blog has moved, we are switching you to the new site at clairewacey.com now…

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Kate 'V' Victoria

Two fab Photoshoots for December issues but which one do you prefer?

I am a massive fan of Kate Hudson. Having watched 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' pretty much every week with my uni house mates, I practically feel like she went to uni with me!! The cover for Elle was really clean and fresh and i thought her styling for the shoot was great but I think it was a shame to use the same outfit so many times! Yes that Dolce and Gabbana silk dress is to die for, but i would have loved to see her in something a little more creative especially with her uber toned body. Something a little more out there next to those amazing shots of her in the Chanel underwear and Lanvin hairpiece would have made those gladiator esque shots much more exciting.

Don't get me wrong she looks fabulous and it is much more edgy than how she is usually photographed, but when you compare it to the styling on the Victoria Beckham shoot in the December Harper's Bazaar I think it pales into insignificance.

The Dolce and Gabbana ruffle jacket, belt and Knickers in this shot look amazing and make much more of an impact than the dress in the Elle shoot.


Then the underwear shot! Although I think Kate Hudson's new figure is fantastic, the shots of Victoria are much more feminine. The Jean Paul Gaultier tights elongate her legs and the vintage bra keeps it classy. The 2nd shot of Victoria with her back to camera even makes her tattoo appealing!

2 comments:

  1. oh please, you are talking about Kate Hudson, I gonna tell you something, in my case the blond girl is not my favorite, but when I see Kate, oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post.. x

Skimlinks

Popular Posts