Our blog has moved, we are switching you to the new site at clairewacey.com now…

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Ode to Amy

Recently my lovely friend Amy asked my thoughts on Winter coats and which ones had caught my eye..  So this little post is just that!

I love Winter and I am a girl who gets excited about packing away my summer clothes and bringing out all my lovely autumn winter favourites!  In fact, I did just that yesterday evening and the joy was all most too much to handle.

I am of the opinion that a winter coat is a big investment and that it should last you more than 1 winter.  I currently have a 'Happy Loves It' coat and I still think it works as it is a classic shape and looks just as good as the day I bought it!  But if I were investing again this year, which trust me I am tempted too every time I go shopping.  I would be opting for a classic shape that will look and feel great, but will stand the test of time.

This Reiss coat £325 fits the bill perfectly, it is flattering to the body, has just enough detail to not look boring, a high neck which is great for keeping the bad weather off your face and would look great with a coloured or camel coloured belt popped around the waist to add a little more excitement!
For something a little more unusual, I would opt for a Cape and this one from Warehouse is fab.  I might change the buttons to add a bit of interest and wear some long coloured gloves to finish the look but  at £75 it is a great addition to the winter wardrobe.
Another trend that is massive this season is Camel, so camel coloured coats and jackets are everywhere and most are trench or jacket shapes.  Personally I would opt for this snugly looking Batwing number £110 from Topshop.  It looks warm and stylish at the same time with a nod towards the Madmen trend.  I am predicting a very cold winter so this would be my coat of choice for extreme British weather.

Then we have the I wish I could afford this jacket, its £1800 from Jaeger and I Love Love Love it, why?  Well it has shearling on it, another massive trend for this season but it has it in a Luxury, more ME way than the flying jackets do!  I can just imagine popping on a fabulous dress, killer shoes and then slinking into this jacket to finish the look!
So I am off to play the lotto to see if I can win enough to buy my Jaeger coat!  Fingers crossed everyone. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post.. x

Skimlinks

Popular Posts