Our blog has moved, we are switching you to the new site at clairewacey.com now…

Monday 17 January 2011

Reach Bootcamps are great!


I am back from my Bootcamp and I have to say I loved it and am a total convert to bootcamps.  Yes it was exhausting, Yes every muscle in my body kills, but It was great fun and I feel like it was the kick start to my new fitness regime and highlighted easy things I can change about my diet so that I don't feel like I am on a diet!
I was the official blogger of the weekend so I thought I would pop in the daily diary I did for Reach:
Day 1:
"So the first day of what I have been calling torture camp has come to a close and I was expecting to be dead on my feet!  Yes I am exhausted and my muscles are shouting for me to stop, but I actually feel energised and really excited about what day 2 has in store for us.
Today the Reach training team really put us through our paces with shuttle runs and interval training in the grounds of the Abbey before lunch.  After lunch the fun continued in the gym with kettlebell training and spinning which for me was an absolute killer, but I never knew that you could do so many exercises with a kettlebell! As Lead trainer Richard kept telling us a kettle bell “is a gym in the palm of your hand”. 
I have to say that the highlight of today for me was when my team won on the rowing challenge, not that I am competitive! Actually I was dreading letting my uber fit team down as they were awesome at rowing, but with their shouting and encouragement  I did it till I felt the burn through my entire body and it was worth it!
We have just had a tasty meal and recovery class using foam rollers and I am now heading for a much deserved sleep... but dreading my 7. 15am start on a Saturday!" 
Day 2:
"Day two is over and every single muscle in my body has been used (and feels abused) , but thankfully the magical hands of Dylan, one of our Reach trainers, have worked wonders on the aches and pains of the entire group with his painful but fabulous sports massage. 
I have never worked out this hard for this long and bizarrely I am really enjoying it, every session is tough, and just gets tougher, but the trainers have a way of breaking the sessions up so that we are able to push ourselves to our limits.  I was dreading the 7.15am start today but it was actually an awesome session with medicine balls and just as we thought it was the end of the session they played on our competitive natures and set us against each other sprinting whilst carrying very heavy power bags, like sprinting isn’t hard enough anyway!
Despite the pain and the exhaustion I am feeling right now, I am having an amazing time and feel immensely proud of how much I have achieved so far and am genuinely excited about what is in store for tomorrow.  What has happened to me and when did I start enjoying exercise!?!"
Day 3:
"Today was the last day of our fitness weekend and the early morning workout felt surprisingly normal until we were given the ‘Reach 300’ challenge. The ‘Reach 300’ consists of 50 reps of 6 different exercises and was a killer especially as myself, Jan and Mo seemed unable to keep count of our reps. At one point I was already 20 over what I was required to do!  

I hoped my inability to count in the morning might mean that the pre lunch session would be a little easier on me....No Way!  It was core muscle training in a massive way, which meant a crippling workout of power bag twists, boxing, bungee sprints and my personal killer... PLANKS.  

Close to collapse after the planks I was relieved when the guys introduced a new team game (my favourite bits of the weekend).  This game, now known as ‘Gem Wars!’, was a little complicated but once I got the hang of it my competitive side came out and I ended up tackling the lead trainer Richard into the wall which ended with a big dent in the wall and an even bigger gash on Richard’s thigh (that will teach him for making me do burpees).

After lunch we went into our last session of the day which was lucky because I was exhausted.  At the beginning of the session we did a fab rugby based work out using the rugby pads and different ball skills and techniques which lead us smoothly into a game of touch rugby.  Then they really pushed us for the last 40 minutes of our weekend with circuits using the rugby pads, balls and anything else they could find before making us do a running challenge.  

I have to say I found the circuits and running unbelievably hard as my legs felt like jelly but the gang and Reach trainers were cheering me on the whole time and I have never been so happy to finish a work out!

However the best bit of the weekend was still to come....Weigh in!  I lost 3 and a 1/4 lbs and trust me that 1/4 counts. I also lost 1 inch off my waist and 1 and a 1/2 inches off my hips!  I was so chuffed with the whole experience and have to say a massive thank you to Richard, Dylan and Sarah the Reach trainers as they were fantastic throughout, not only with the training and motivation but for putting up with mine and the group’s constant food and fitness questions.


Click this link to checkout the dates of future UK Reach Weekend.  Or you might prefer a warmer destination if so checkout their Portugal Fitness Holidays


For more info about my weekend and to see the gory pics checkout Reach's Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, its sounds like an intense weekend with great results! well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it... I just hope i can keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post.. x

Skimlinks

Popular Posts