Our blog has moved, we are switching you to the new site at clairewacey.com now…

Monday 14 February 2011

Bafta Boo Boo"s

I love the award season because it should bring with it stunning dresses that make us non A-Lister's long for our very own red carpet moment.  But last night's Bafta's was a complete disappointment, I could only pick 3 dresses that actually worked for the actresses and one of those was Helena Bonhem Carter!  I mean who would of thought my favourite kooky dresser would actually have matching shoes, ok she was in Vivienne Westwood as she always is but it was figure flattering.

I predicted right with Amy Adams wearing that fab Elie Saab dress, I just wish she had opted for the green that I picked as it would have had more red carpet presence.  But my favourite look of the evening was Thandie Newton who looked stunning in this gorgeous Monique Lhuiller gown and to be honest made everyone else look less than average.



So let's look at the dud's..

Emma Watson usually gets it bang on but for some reason the hair, accessories and the Valentino gown just didn't work for her last night.  When I look at this photo I keep thinking she looks like Julie Andrews in the dancing scene from 'The Sound of Music' and I think from the look of this image she may have felt the same.


Young newcomer Hailee Steinfield who is only 14, looked a little granny chic in this Miu Miu number which needs a dose of sexy and a killer heel to carry off.  She gets points for fashion know how but I would rather see her in something more age appropriate for the Oscars.


OMG.... I can't believe that Jennifer Lawrence left the house like this...  The Stella McCartney dress is stunning but it makes her look like she has American football players shoulders, her bust looks ready to make a break for it and her choice of choker as an accessory just highlights the bust and shoulders.  A perfect example of when a beautiful dress and a beautiful women don't a great outfit make!


Is Eva Green auditioning to play Nigella Lawson in a new movie?   This Tom Ford dress makes her look much larger than she is!


I want to 'Scream' for Neve Campbell as this Roberto Cavalli dress is so very nearly great but the ruching on the bust makes her boobs appear a little saggy and the fall on the skirt is making her look hip heavy.  Her stylist should have adjusted her straps by an inch which would have corrected the bust, bought her waist higher and the skirt would have flowed over hips in a much more flattering line! 


Mini Driver looks Blah in this Temperley gown.  I cant help but think if this had been worn in LA it would have worked better but she should have popped a fur shrug with this to make it look less wedding and more red carpet.


1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe how disappointing the dresses were, obviously they are saving the best for the Oscars! PS Emma does remind me of the Sound of Music scene, you have just given me a much needed giggle at lunchtime! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post.. x

Skimlinks

Popular Posts