Our blog has moved, we are switching you to the new site at clairewacey.com now…

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Slouchy to Stylish - fashion tips 4 sofa time!

All of us need DOWN time.. and everyone has a different way of relaxing, whether its grabbing a cuppa and a good book / magazine or snuggling on the sofa to watch a favourite programme or film!

We all need that slouchy time and more often than not we are usually wearing equally SLOUCHY clothes to do it!  I have to admit that I am not a fan of Tracksuits and only ever wear my tracksuit trousers if I am heading to the gym (not very often).  But I do always have comfy clothing on when I am at home relaxing or doing the usual chores!

Michaela contacted me on the Facebook page with her style question which was addressing just this sort of clothing dilemma!


"Hi Claire, you asked for our styling problems on your you tube channel, I'd like to share mine: I spend a lot of time around the house and because I'm lazy I tend to only wear over sized Tshirts and sweat pants. Can you recommend some comfortable outfits that aren't as slouchy as my usual ones? I would love to look a little cuter but at the same time not being restricted by a jeans waist band. Thank you for your help. Michaela"

So I have put together this blog as well as a style video to address The challenge of Stylish slouchy clothes.  I hope you all enjoy it.
Click the picture below to see the style video:


VISIT THE YOU TUBE CHANNEL TO WATCH


So here is my choice of items on the high street that will fit in with this slouchy 2 stylish concept.  I am continuing the idea of leggings instead of tracksuit bottoms for all of these looks!

1st is this really easy to wear Oasis stripe dress £36.00, if you wanted to jazz it up you could add a coloured belt, but it does not need one if you wear the waist higher and then slouch the top over.

A more relaxed option is this Oasis Claret Sweatshirt dress £42.00, it wont give as much shape but if you add in a contrast coloured long sleeve T-shirt underneath it will add interest and slim down limbs!  I would also add a necklace to this which I have written about at the end of the post!





If Oasis is usually out of budget....  they still have some great buy's in the SALE, thisOasis floral stretch dress is only£10.00!  What a bargain!  The print on this makes it feel more dressy, but I think that with leggings and some over sized slipper socks this will be cosy but can also be dressed up if someone pops buy unexpectedly!


Stretch dresses aren't for everyone so here are a few looser tunic style options:

This Dorothy Perkins camel print tunic £35.00 has a great open neckline which really flatters bigger busts, but the print is also great at breaking up the body!  Layer a long sleeved T-shirt underneath to make it look more stylish and you have a great look.


Another great option for COMFORT....  Don't judge me ladies...  But it is a maternity top!!!  Dorothy Perkins Maternity top £29.00 could be worn with black leggings and then I would undo the top 2 buttons and layer an acid coloured cami underneath and change the belt to a black one. (my Reiss dress in the video could be worn as maternity.. so why not just buy maternity)


Another fun option is this ASOS crochet dress £31.50, the neckline is similar to the Oasis one and the crochet element makes it appear more styled and interesting...  I would again layer a long sleeve T-shirt under so that you had a contrast colour!


The last look is this ASOS contrast sleeve tunic £22.00, it's only available in size 16 but I had to share it with you because it is such an easy one to style add a contrast necklace and you are instantly looking stylish, what is not too love?


I mentioned a couple of accessories that will help finish the looks..... so here they are:




Slipper socks from Next £14.00

As one last parting tip... why not try a denim legging instead of a block colour one?  You get the denim look but without the un-comfort...  Marks and Spencer have these great ones £15.00.



But I would remind you that they are STILL LEGGINGS and should be worn with Tunics and dresses.  As in my book leggings are NOT trousers!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post.. x

Skimlinks

Popular Posts