Our blog has moved, we are switching you to the new site at clairewacey.com now…

Monday 8 March 2010

Oscars..

I love red carpet season, every year i wish i was there wearing those phenomenal gowns and last night did not disappoint. There were some dresses that i would be in heaven wearing! But as ever there were also some disappointments!

I was expecting something fab from Carey Mulligan but thought she looked... well bad! The length at the front of the dress just killed the beading and shape of the bodice! Had this been floor length it would have been passable but as it stands with giant earring i don't like it at all! I wanted to see her in something fun and standout.... like colour, something tongue in cheek like Charlize Theron's Dior dress would have been perfect!


The ones I loved....
Diane Kruger always has this way of surprising me and her Chanel dress was fantastic, It is the sort of dress only her or Maggie Gylanhall could carry off but i think she looked stunning.
Cameron Diaz looked every bit the Hollywood Starlet in this gorgeous Oscar De La Renta gown.... I sooooo want to wear this! ( I know it is not rocking the fashion world but every girl has a princess fantasy..)Another star that i thought looked like a fairytale, I hate to put her on here but Miley Cirus looked gorgeous in this Jenny Packham dress, I sometimes wish she would dress a little more youthful and funky but this dress ticks so many boxes!
Dresses i thought really stood out were, Maggie Gylenhaal in Dries Van Noten and Rachel McAdams in Ellie Saab for wearing prints on the red carpet! I love Maggie's distinctive style and the cut and print of Rachel McAdams dress was fabulous.

I am also a massive fan of ruffles and thought that Elizabeth Banks in Versace and Vera Farmiga in Marchesa wore them beautifully.

Images courtesy of Flckr, Daily Mail, Washington Post and Mlive.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like Carey Mulligan in that Prada dress. I like the dress but it didn't look right on her! I'm so picky!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree i thought it aged her!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this post.. x

Skimlinks

Popular Posts